Tuesday, April 19, 2011

To dance like Nataraja

I witness Thee in dance
In movement In rhythm
The world as I know it
Revolves which I care not how

She is in motion
Decay is her direction
Yet change directed by You
Gives her life renewed

Wave upon wave of destruction
Yet she springs back to life
For You are her base
In the motion Thee blesseth

Oh Lord how else would One think
Of You but in dance so serene
Yet so magnificent to 'see'
Spinning within this ball of flame

I can see You Oh Lord conditioned
To my senses as Me in my form
Magnificent for my own satisfaction
Yet what You are only You knoweth

The sounds playing forth
The fire burning that is played
The snakes hissing Thy intent
And Thy hands blessing my safety

As my mind wanders like your stag
You deliver the blow with Your axe
To hold me fixated to You
The here and now rooted to Truth

Oh Lord may I be burnt in Thy dance
May this not leave any trace of presence
But for Thy dance may I not be remembered
Yet I seek Thee to live through me

May You dance in my form
May You burn away my individuality
May there be peace as in Your smile
May Thy radiance ever dazzle my being

I am..
Om Tat Sat