Friday, January 07, 2011

Dance with Kali

She whirls around me
Threatening and frightening
Every cell in my being
With her tongue outstretched

Her eyes breathe fire
And I could sense her breath
Every step I try to take
Her swords thrusts deeper in my throat

The world around me spins
And with it my logic and reason
Seem to twist and turn into noise
And I slowly get the feeling of madness

Have I become greedy
Have I suddenly become numb
Am I a failure or a loser
To have succumbed to the fear within

Blood splashes around me
As my senses whirl without direction
Signals i feel move within
In a meaningless blizzard of confusion

I seek meaning of all this
I seek to clear the air
I seek peace and tranquility
And she tears my confidence away

Stripped of wealth and knowledge
She has brought me to Your feet
Oh Shiva You are the Tamer of Kali
Into Gauri she transforms with Your gaze

I seek Thee for peace
Within without and beyond
I seek to see Your dance Oh Shiva
Allow this Divine vision to me

She dances on You Oh Lord
Your dance is mightier than hers
May I witness Your dance
As Your holy feet I seek for peace

I know not what desire drives me
I know not what result I wish
To possess and enjoy her all
I have invited her wrath upon me

I know not what is right from wrong
I just know now of You
You the Divine dancer in me
You who churn the world as Kali

Tavmeva mata cha Pita Tavameva
Tvameva bandhuscha saka Tvameva
Tvameva vidya dravinam Tvameva
Tvameva sarvam mama Deva Deva

May You manifest in Me

Om Shanthi Shanthi Shanthihi
Om Tat Sat