Sunday, January 03, 2010

MY PURPOSE IN WRITING MY UNDERSTANDING

The joy experienced by the child when he holds a toy can be understood by the child best. The mother watching the child “reflects” on the happiness and enjoys. If one analysis the happiness of both it will be seen that the child enjoys the toy “ignorant” of what it is and what the world is. The mother with all her experiences enjoys the happiness that the child is excited with a toy which has no value beyond a certain age. Hence by mere reflection and understanding of the use of the toy the mother enjoys the scene in front of her.
When I read the interpretations of my Guru and I try to understand them, the acts which I perform everyday appear as a running movie which I enjoy like the mother watching her child with an understanding of what the child is doing. My own actions amuse me though I myself am doing them with these hands. As a child I play with the toys of daily life which we call necessities and also which hold no significance beyond their limited use. As a mother watching her child, I watch myself when I reflect upon the teachings of my Guru. Is my joy doubled? ,….No! My understanding has…

I have tried explaining this wonder to many people in the past, with an aim of sharing his teachings. A comedy is best watched when there is company. Joy is exponential when it is shared. When I tried sharing these teaching I have been advised that this subject is too early for my age.
It is my understanding that the Truth about the Atman is too difficult to grasp. A study of such a subject after retirement for me is equal to procrastination. If there is an itch in one heart about the Truth, the best time to start is “here and now” says the Vedas. How then can this challenge be left for a later period. Never at a later point of time will something fructify if the effort does not begin right away and the sustaining interest in that Goal is not strong enough.
As explained in the first summary, “Knowledge, Understanding and Decision Making”, I state that “My understanding of the Vedas is conditioned to the state of my mind today”. Conditioned knowledge is a beautified form of the word “ignorance”. Hence the topics that are written are only “My Understanding” and not “knowledge”. Knowledge is pure.

Impure knowledge = conditioned knowledge = ignorance

Therefore I wish that everyone reading this will refer to books written by Gurus which are interpretations of the Vedas after understanding the Eternal Truth of the Atman.
My purpose in writing is to share my understanding as a logical sequence of thought so that I can analyze and correct myself at various stages of my studies by discussing ideas to gain a clear understanding.
I am open to discussion on Vedanta but am not sport to debate the same. A debate is for realized souls to establish the Truth in the hearts of men. I am a seeker. A “Mumukshu”. This is only a call for company is discussing to gain a better understanding.
My path was brought about by “Naama Samkeertanam” and “Sandhyavanthanam” as it was a conscious effort from my part. My accomplishment in life is not worth mentioning when I see my Gurus a bunch of renunciates qualified as M.S., PhD. Etc, sitting under trees teaching.
It is my desire that every individual atleast undertakes a study of the Vedas before coming to a conclusion based on stray comments. I welcome everyone to come and experience this roller coaster ride called life in the light of the Vedas.