Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Meeting Swami Dayananda

I wondered what it would be
To worry about Him, His deeds
His safety, His life
Him I always thought all powerful
All knowing, all Vishwan
He is to protect me the helpless
I was told that His Bhaktas
the Azhwars worried for Him,
Cared for Him, Waited for Him,
For they feared His safety out of Love
I wondered how, how this is possible
How could one even in ultimate Love
fear for the Lord
Fear Him they can, but fear for(?)
I could not believe, understand
I wondered how

In He walked today, in guise
In His 80s slow and careful
Held by His disciples
Clad in saffron, a simple man
I fell at His feet
And He recognized me
Asked about me and I was happy, joyed, in bliss
Oh what luck, what Divine event
My flight was delayed, so was His
And He took me to His lounge
Held my hands and laughed
like He was a 2 year old
Like my daughter carefree, lovely
Wanting nothing, just joy
And He said laughing
That His sugar level qwent to 65
and He almost fainted
Still laughing, still carefree
Still holding my hand
And I was overcome
with tears for my wonderment
became and emotion
I suddenly cared for Him
I suddenly wished, prayed for Him
I felt I should not leave Him
Yet, He was smiling, laughing, carefree
The Divine One, the Guru
My Guru, Sri Dayananda Saraswati
the saffron clad, He reveals
He teaches, He shows the way

Suddenly I cared
Suddenly I realized that mine
this emotion was just budding
He showed me the way
Oh Lord, show me the way
I know not what lies ahead
But I pray Oh Lord
Show me Love, Teach me Love
Teach me show Love
Let my thoughts not hinder Your words

Om Tat Sat

-----------------------------------

On 9/11/9, my flight was delayed on the way to Delhi. I met one of His devotees while clearing my baggage at the airport and she told me that He was also expected at the airport. I was joyed as I was trying to meet Him at the ashram the whole week but couldnt make it.

Also I had been listening to Sri Velukkudi Krishnans lecture and he was explainging about the Azhwars Love and devotion to Lord Narayana and how they would wait for Him and show emotions that normally a father, mother or lover would show to their beloved. I could not fathom this behaviour.

As though in tune to these thoughts I met Him and he had been given a lounge by the Airport authorities. He pulled me in along with Him and we were talking for about 30 minutes along with many others but he kept holding my hands.

Nothing strange happened, only my thoughts cleared and I suddenly cared for someone whom I had revered. I did not ask anything even as a thought. I only prayed for His well being that He continue what He is doing and suddenly the words of the Azhwars and my emotions connected. I am not poet I just write down the words in my mind. But even this gave me so much joy so much tears, I wonder how much the Love of the Azhwars would have been....

Sat Chit Ananda