Thursday, December 15, 2005

Snow...

I cannot capture this sight
In limited words or thought
I am but a particle
In this expanse of beauty

White, this sky and air and earth
Glowing mild and deep
To my eyes, I try to search for
The remaining sanity in my mind

An envelope of mere snow
Can create such a show
What more can she do
To a man unawares of true natural beauty

My mind is lost in sight
As I helplessly stand
Gazing and wondering
At this blanket of white

From horizon to horizon she swells
Covering the earth and sky
My thoughts are captivated
By this beauty dressed in white

I stretch my arms to the sky
wondering if I would melt away
and join this whiteness
and become beautiful, oh white sky

A trick this is
of light and impure senses
A flash of nervous impulse
This emotional intercourse with nature

This whiteness,
It questions my sanity..
I fall silent to the songs
of this visual white poetry

What more do you have in store
Oh eternal beauty
My Mother, My creator
Oh Lord of Unfathomable Beauty

I hold not any songs for you
I am dumb to speak your praise
I hope I can realize someday
I am but an infintesimal part of you