Thursday, December 08, 2005

Om Shanthi Shanthi Shanthi

This earth, my Mother
My creator, My All
She asks for nothing
She waits for no one

Rolling and swirling
In this dance of life
She protects me
From the emptiness that envelops her kind

I breathe in and see
I am not away from her
But in her womb still
Enjoying her warmth of love

But around me I see
Religion and Politics
Hate and Anger
Pride and greed, thats so unlike her

And her children(?)
Have they not learnt nothing
Blaming each other as nations
As religions, as aliens

Fear and loneliness
Responsibility and Control
Popes and Prophets
Profit from this chaos

When will men be brothers
For the sake of existence
Rather than fight for lust
In the name of religion

I am not the first to ask
Nor am I the last
I wonder today whether I will live
To see her children last..

Die, we shall all
One life we all remember
Why not live in peace
And accept the other

I say no prayer
Because which God you ask
I pray to mankind
To realize life as life

Colours there are so many
Trees there are so many
Animals there are so many
Cannot thought be so too?

Why hurt to accept your thought
Why kill to see thought disappear
Why wait for a heaven post mortem
When we can build heaven on Earth

OM Sarvey Bhavantu Sukinah
Sarvey Santu Niramayaaha
Sarvey Bhadrani Pashyantu
Maa Kaschid Dukha Baag Bhavet
OM Shanthi Shanthi Shanthihi

Oh Almighty! May everybody be happy!
May all be free from ailments!
May we see what is auspicious!
May no one be subject to miseries!
Oh Almighty! May there be a Peace! Peace! Peace! Everywhere.

OM = A U M
A - Sat - Existence
U - Chit - Conscious
M - Ananda - Bliss