Thursday, March 10, 2011

The path

Days pass on into nights
Summer into rains
Happiness into sorrow
And God decides to sleep

Can you be awake Oh Lord
All the time to this world
Or do You alternate as well
Between Light and Dark?

What should I seek Oh Lord
Thee who I believe regins supreme
Or a life that breeds and lives
To deteriorate into lust and greed

Seeking You also seems to lure
Thoughts of power and control
For Thee I see in imperfect ways
Coloured by my ignorant needs

Then I define You in terms
That takes eons to understand
And wrap You up in stories
Passed on from Mother to Daughter and Son

Yet I have not overcome this question
Do You ever sleep at all
Or into eternity You are awake
To mans meandering ways in Lust

Thee I seek Oh Lord
To light my path ahead
I drop this sense of pride
And stand naked for Your grace

I allow for time to speak
Your words whispered in the mind
To choose actions and words
That scream of Love for the world

May Thy hand grace this fool
May Thy Love rain my tarried soul
May thoughts that wander from Thee
Be blessed and held back to Thee

Oh Lord Show me Thy path

Om Tat Sat