Sunday, February 20, 2011

What one offers to me with devotion (bhakti), I will accept it. - Krishna, (Gita, 9:26; Bhagawatam).

Erode Prabhakaran
What one offers to me with devotion (bhakti), I will accept it. - Krishna, (Gita, 9:26; Bhagawatam).
He accepted the skin of banana from Vidhura.
He accepted sand from yashodha.
He accepted one morsel of rise from Droupadi.
He accepted the Thulasi leaf from Rukmini.
...He accepted a handful of beaten-rice from Kuchela (Sudhama).

#
Rajiv Ramaswamy He even accepted the curse of Gandhari!! and then granted the request of Kunti :)

#
Erode Prabhakaran nice. actually this will be a good place to list these under this discussion.
He accepted the garland from Godha (kodai nachiyaar, AandaL).
He accepted the bitten frutis from Sabari (as Rama).

Lord God who accepts everything that is offered
He who holds dear those who offer
What do I offer Oh Lord
That remains which is not yours
I then offer the only thing I claim mine

I offer You these thoughts that emanate from this bosom
I offer this being which I say Me
May 'this' not ever be that You be not

Oh I blabber now, for I think of Thee
May I give You the thought that I think 'Me'